Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

How to De-clutter Your Space

A lot of people ask me what are the steps I take when de-cluttering so I figured what better place to share than here :)

When I'm not in a breakdown purging moment in my life and I just want to de-clutter a space to feel fresh these are the steps I take...

1. Evaluate your space... What do you need?What do your belongings remind you of or symbolize for you? Do they align with what you really want in your life? Are they creating your world authentically? Do they have a function? Do you use them?

2. make a list in each room of what needs to be done (count your closets as a room)

3. ask a friend you trust to help you. Sometimes letting go of belongings can be hard even when you know you don't need them. having that extra support really helps.

4.get cardboard boxes to put your stuff in (label them as donate, sell and garbage)
you can find boxes at your local grocery store or department store in the mornings. Ask a manager if you can pick up empty boxes when they get a shipment. This saves you money from buying them)

5. find your closest donation store of your choice and drop off your boxes. These can be a wright off in your taxes if you like. 

6. for the things you are selling you can post them on www.craigslist.com. If you have clothes, shoes and accessories that you think are in great condition you can sell them at re-sale stores. I personally like http://www.buffaloexchange.com/.

7. enjoy and breathe....

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how good this will make you feel and how much easier it becomes as you practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment