Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pause

Ever take a moment to pause life and look around in the moment?


In Yoga we teach to become present to what is, being the breath, the mind, the body or how one is feeling. When we practice this daily it starts to shift our every day life as we become ever present to the moment that is. It's absolute magic when you can consciously pause in the moment to take it all in.

Last night was my last show in the production I have been in for the last two years. Each number I performed I consciously took it in allowing myself to enjoy what I was doing where I was doing it. The lights shined bright, the music was loud. The energy of the crowd was high and so the was the cast's. I tapped into how my body felt as I danced across the stage and how my soul felt as I sang my heart out. I even enjoyed watching my cast mates do the same thing. A lot of the time I don't pay particular attention to what they are doing or how they are doing it but last night I did. It was beautiful.

We all go to the theater night after night performing the same show. Muscle memory plays a big part when repeating each night but every now and then the right combination of elements come together the divine will come through one of us as we perform. We live for the thrill of being on stage even if it means having to smile through the hard times. Death was ever present over the last 2 years as cast members lost family and experienced  injuries but we all pushed through smiling through the pain. The crowd would never know since it's our job to help them forget theirs and we are happy to do so. Even those moments I was able to pause to look around and acknowledge just how strong performers are.

When I first started this gig I had the same moments of pause as I became present to "I'm living my dream". It was during the production of "My Way" by Frank Sinatra that allowed that moment of reflection. Last night as I sang it for the last time I was able to acknowledge I am about to embark on a new journey and that I can say goodbye to this chapter with peace. I enjoyed the colors, the sounds, the smells, the people and the feeling. It was magic.


When was the last time you took a moment to pause and experienced something beautiful? I would be so grateful to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment