Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Helpful Tip of The Day

Day 5 of The Feel Good Blogger Challenge (www.alexbeadon.com)

Helpful Tip of the Day...

Do you find yourself feeling like you don't have enough time in the day? Do you find yourself stressed to achieve something in a short amount of time?

Here's the key..

Manage your time and make it into a game! This may seem simple enough because it is. It may take a little getting used to at first if your not used to it but once you get into the habit of it I promise it will change the way you look at time.

You'd be surprised how much time you have left to spare. Here's what you do.

Set a time limit for everything you do and stick to it. If you need to clean the house, run an errand or even do something creative, give yourself a time frame to finish. I've found when there is a time limit the more strategic I become. If you don't finish forgive yourself and move on or if you MUST, reorganize your time management to make it work. The idea is to make it into a game. Have fun while trying to complete your tasks under a time limit.

I know when I'm extremely busy teaching classes and running errands I can forget to eat so I will even schedule in meal breaks or rest breaks just to make sure I am taking care of myself and balancing things out. For the mommy's out there... you know what I'm talking about. Make sure you schedule alone time, even if it's five minutes to just breath.

Every time I have managed my time down to the minute I have found I can do much more than what I thought. At the end of the day I feel accomplished and content.

Start today and see what a difference managing your time down to the minute makes for you!


1 comment:

  1. This is a great tip! Thanks! Check out the Pomodoro app, I always use this at work to work in 25 minute intervals.

    ReplyDelete