Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Lessons

Yesterday as my day came to a close I felt filled with love, joy and appreciation for my daily gifts. When I originally set my intention for yesterday it was to be grateful and at peace but it quickly turned into "how many things can I be grateful for?", which turned into looking at everything that came into my day as a gift. I have to say it was an incredibly fun day to receive so many gifts! I couldn't help but giggle out loud. At one point one of my cast mates said, "What are you laughing at?" It was my special little secret at the time.



Maybe it was because my "being" was someone who is receiving gifts or maybe because people are kind or maybe because it was my pure intention to see the world that way but it seemed like people were more generous than usual. Looking at every moment as a shiny new present is quite an experience.

A few things I recieved:

*lunch prepared by my husband served on our outside patio
*all of the easiest harmonies in the music I have to learn for the show
*a part in a really cool duet in the show
*a courtesy call from my closest cousin sharing that by reading my blog she is inspired to set intentions for her days. 
*an invitation to a cast mate's birthday party
*a night out with my husband and friends


 Today I have to be honest I didn't get up early and give myself time to just be. I woke up starting my "to do" list right away. Cleaning, running errands and going to rehearsal. By the time rehearsal was over it was call time at the theater. I found myself easily frustrated and very challenged to create an intention while on the move. This was a fantastic lesson because I can clearly see how important it truly is to make that time for myself to just breathe and look within and set intention.


Today I felt my time was not honored by myself and by others. It is true of myself and therefore I projected it on to my view of the current events of my day. I allowed it to affect my mood, my words and my over all being. I was able to see this during a vent session to a couple of dear friends. They were a beautiful mirror for me to see my own reflection. I found myself apologizing for my passionate outburst of emotions. Of course, my friends were loving and understanding. That's when I realized I need to be the same with myself. Within seconds I was able to feel light again.

Today's lesson, always honor myself first so I can effectively give to others and if I slip forgive and move on. It makes for such a better day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment