Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Let It Go

Just as I teach I also maintain my practice. This week, during Dawn's Yin (friend and studio owner of Yoga Divita) class, she read a poem by Rev. Safire Rose. I had never heard it before and would like to share it with you...


As she read this poem and I held the poses I took notice of how my body grips and hold tight as I start a pose. It's through breath and the calming of my mind I start to release and let go. By the time the 3-5 minutes we hold the pose is up I have just settled in and it's time to shift. Just as I noticed this in my practice I was able to see how I do this in life. My immediate response to challenge or change is to grip and hold on tight to thoughts or behaviors as if I have some form of control until I remind myself to breath through it and guide myself through the surrender. I'll be honest. Sometimes I do this with ease and other times not so much. This practice was a reminder that when we truly let go there is no effort. How lovely life is right here and now when we completely surrender ourselves to it and let go of our stories about it. 

When I fell in love with my husband I fell in love fast and so did he. The difference between him and I is he allowed himself to fall without fear. I resisted at first due to fear of being hurt and the ongoing question of, "Can this be real if it's happening so fast?" Then, I remember being on a hillside in Tuscany looking into his eyes. My heart filled with an overflowing abundance of love and I let go. I let go of all the questions, concerns and fears. I completely surrendered to life in that moment and completely surrendered to love. To feeling love for him and to being loved. I remember feeling like a weight had been lifted. I felt light as a feather. Completely connected and aligned. By letting go I allowed life to give me the most beautiful gift I have ever received before. 

Right here, right now.... 
Let It Go

Do you have a story of when you let go? Share in the comments below :)





No comments:

Post a Comment