Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

A New Spring. A New You.

On March 20th the Spring Equinox came into fruition on top of being a new moon. What does that even mean?! Well to some it won't mean a thing but to those that follow nature as a tool for guidance, it means a great deal.

The season of spring brings an abundance of new fresh life. The trees are budding bright green leaves. The flowers are blooming. The sun is shining stronger. The days are growing warmer and longer. (Of course depending on where you are in the country this will either hold true today or not but will hold true at some point) Pollen is being spread like wild fire and bees are buzzing. The earth is awakening from her sleeping slumber of winter and so are we. 

We start to have more energy and spend more days outside. We too soak in the warm sun and allow it to kiss our skin into a warm glow like plants. We naturally have the urge to let go of old and create space for the new as we spring clean our homes. All the contemplation of new years resolutions and goals come into action as we take in the energy of spring. Winter is a time for planting seeds and Spring is the time they come into bloom. 

Just as spring represents new beginnings so does a new moon. A new moon reminds us to look within and connect to our higher purpose while starting new. The fact that the Spring Equinox and New Moon were in sync this year proves to be even more powerful for new beginnings. Of course you don't have to believe it in an astrological way but can still use what is happening in nature as a tool to encourage you to connect and create. 

Any any given moment we have a choice to start over, to re-create but now is the time the season is completely in line with you as it too is re-creating life. Allow nature to inspire you and support you in this time if you are thinking of starting something new and remember we are not separate from nature. We are a working, living, breathing piece of it. This is also a great time to give back to our mother earth. Plant a tree. Start a garden. Clean a beach. Help an animal. 





Just as Spring was about to arrive on the calendar the sun was already shining warm here in South Carolina. It's beauty inspired me to run again. I haven't ran in 2 years due to a foot injury (which has been hard for me since I would once have considered myself an avid runner) but the warmth and beauty of the season encouraged me to try and let go of my fears. I drove myself to my favorite park where there is a one mile trail run around this beautiful man-made lake. I put my ear-buds in and started slowly. Next thing I knew I running effortlessly with the gentle wind at my side. I felt like a bird flying for the first time after being caged for two years. I must have smiled the entire time.It was beautiful. 

I since, have ran five more times and feel fantastic (of course adding lots of hamstring stretches to my yoga practice helps as well). That being said, I am allowing nature to guide me through this re-birth taking it easy and connecting to patience. Just as the flowers and leaves come out gracefully, I too am allowing myself to bud with ease. This teaches me to do the same within the new projects I am working on as well.  By running outside I connect with nature and my center just as I do with meditation and asana.


There's no one way to do this we all have our ways. So, I encourage you to connect with nature in your way during this transition to find the lessons it provides for you as it awakens your inner wisdom to guide you on your path.  


"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." ~Lao Tzu









No comments:

Post a Comment