Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Power of Intention

Today I want to talk about the power of setting intention for your day.

A few days ago I was uploading to my Instagram account with a yoga photo and a little "tid bit" about creating joy in each moment... in each task, in each interaction and each challenge. I thought this was pretty good as it was authentic to what I wanted to create in my day. Forty minutes later the photo had still not uploaded. I had pushed load so many times I lost count. Ironically I started to get upset. I think I even yelled at my phone (as if that was going to help). Then it hit me!! I was upset that my "Joy Intention" post wasn't posting. I couldn't help but laugh hysterically and share this story later with the yoga class I was teaching. 

It was perfect!

When we set intentions and keep them to ourselves we can easily forget or put it off to the side but when we declare it to others it becomes real. You cannot escape yourself once declared out loud. In this case I declared to FB and Instagram and later my class. It was because of this intention I had a fantastic day filled with joy. Sure I was challenged a couple times via instagram and later that day I noticed my bike was stolen. I reacted with upset at first then remembered the laughter I had created earlier that day through my intention of joy. I quickly let it go and found joy in the idea someone else may be enjoying the bike I barely used.

 The more joy I allowed myself to feel the more it spread to others.

Today I encourage you to set an intention for yourself (a way of being rather such as joyful, happy, loving, courageous, bold ect..) It's up to you.

What are you creating for your day??




No comments:

Post a Comment