Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Loving Failures and Moving On

I started this blog two months ago. I'll be honest it scared me to commit to it. I was told to create a "following" you must post everyday. Considering this blog is mostly for my own expression I didn't think that it mattered much but once I started I was compelled to post everyday. I was even excited to post but once it became a "had to" vs "wanted to" my excitement dwindled and eventually I took a break. However, because I declared my commitment to those around me my lack of posting silently ate away at me. "You have failed Angela", it nagged in the depths of my mind. The more I heard it the more I pushed it aside and tried to pretend it didn't exist or that it didn't matter. "Not many people are following me anyway. I'm sure they don't care. They probably don't even remember you have a blog", said the unapologetic voice in my head but I remembered and I couldn't escape myself. I had committed to it because it was important to me. I wanted to stretch myself and grow. I wanted to inspire others and express myself through my love of words and share my passions in life because I knew deep down it was worth it.

So here I am posting again and cleaning it up. I realize my failure is part of the journey. It's the exact piece that allows me to grow just as I declared I wanted. I could continue to feel bad about myself and let that nagging voice in my head that says it's not good enough to control me but instead I'm going to forgive that voice and forgive myself and start over. This time I am going to do my blog my way. I will post 2 times a week. Saturday and Wednesday for the next month. Then I will re-evaluate my progress and see what works and doesn't work. After all didn't I say life is a game in an earlier post? Time to play again! I'm loving my failures and moving on. 



1 comment:

  1. never a failure...just learning stepping stones...and you don't have to post every day - posting better than not posting but see if you can hit once a week or so - consistent posting is better - pick how often but stop the pressure!

    ReplyDelete